Since I was still using the Michael Kors Selma Medium Satchel I shared in last month’s Bag Buzz, I thought this month I would tkj about the bag I’ve been favoring for dates, outings, and special events this winter.
The Mulberry Daria Wrist Clutch (sadly unavailable at this time) is a small wristlet style bag made from an exquisite soft spongy black leather with gold hardware and embellishments. I picked up this beauty during my first trip to a Mulberry store while visiting San Francisco in August 2012. I had settled on the beautiful Mulberry Alexa Satchel (which I posted about here if you’re interested) and had no intention of buying something else as a Mulberry purchase is always a big one when I caught sight of the clutch in a case. I remember asking to see it, as I was immediately taken with its simple yet beautiful design, particularly the large gold circular emblem on the front with Mulberry’s emblem, the Mulberry tree, and the beautiful braided strap. As soon as I held that exquisite leather in my hands I knew I would deeply regret not taking it, so I came home from my first Mulberry shopping experience with not one but two beauties in tow.
The bag itself is extremely versatile, considering how small it is. It is a simple pouch design with no organizational elements built in, but can fit quite a bit without feeling cramped. I love how I can carry the bag under my arm if I need my hands free, but it’s also just as comfortable carried on my arm or in hand thanks to the short length of the strap. It has a clip attachment and can be used wristlet style as well, although I prefer to keep the strap attached handbag-style.
As I mentioned, I can fit quite a lot into the pouch considering its small size measuring in at just 7.5″ long x 5″ tall x 1″ deep. If I’m just going out to dinner or to someone’s house for a short engagement, I usually just throw my card case, phone, a mirror and my lip products in. I can also conformably fit my vlogging camera (a Canon PowerShot ELPH 330HS) as well. If I am going to a longer event, particularly a party or a day out, I will take my Mini Walking Pharmacy. It’s a bit tighter to also fit my other necessities as well as my vlogging camera with the mini walking pharmacy as well, but I can manage.
Here is what I keep in my Mulberry Daria Wrist Pouch:
1. Vera Bradley Coin Purse (My Mini Walking Pharmacy) – See below image and following description for exact contents.
2. Henri Bendel West 57th Card Case – So versatile when you need only a few items from your main wallet and it fits in every size bag. I love to travel with mine as well.
3. iPhone with Case Mate Barely There Fully Customizable Case – Don’t leave home without my phone! Love this fully customizable case option from Zazzle. You can have any image printed on it that you like!
4. Bite Beauty Lush Lip Tint in Watermelon & bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Take Charge – The only makeup item I ever reapply when I’m out with any consistency is my lip product (or products) of choice.
Here is what I keep in my Mini Walking Pharmacy:
1. Purse Hook (I really like this foldable option as an alternative) – Perfect to keep you bag right by you, hanging off the table instead of on the floor or hanging off your chair.
2. Hair clip, bobby pins, & hair ties – In the event of a Hairmergency.
3. Naturally Clean Stain Eraser – My favorite on-the-go stain remover wipe.
4. Crystal Essence Mineral Deodorant Towelette – Effective, discreet, and conveniently-sized in-a-pinch item!
5. Henri Bendel Compact Mirror – Love having a bit of a fancier mirror on hand for fancier occasions.
6. Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens – I am always grateful to have these for longer outings or events to help keep my skin from becoming too oily.
7. Gal Pal Everything Tape – Do not undervalue the importance of a little double-sided tape for fashion emergencies.
8. Bandaids – Because sometimes heels are pretty but painful.
Check out my coordinating video if you’d like a closer look at the Mulberry Daria Wrist Clutch:
I thought it would be fun to host a little giveaway to accompany this month’s post and am giving away a few of my favorites from Henri Bendel to two of you! The Bendel Beauties Giveaway will run until Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 6 PM CT. The giveaway is open internationally. All entrants under the age of 18 must have parental permission to enter. Each winner will receive one of the prize sets pictured below, including the Henri Bendel Jetsetter Baby Dopp Case, Bow Compact, and West 57th Card Case:
You can enter by following the directions in the Rafflecopter widget posted below (check out this blog post for more information on entering Rafflecopter giveaways). I’ll announce the winners on THIS blog post and contact them directly through email, as always. Good luck!
*** GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED ***
Congrats to Mary S. & Marissa W. on being selected as the winners of the Bendel Beauties Giveaway!
The Poll Results for *Do you typically switch out to a different bag for outings and special events?* out of 2043 entries:
Yes (1823) 89%
No (220) 11%
I would love to know what your favorite evening or outing bag is if you care to share 🙂
* Post contains affiliate links. This is not a sponsored post. All products shown, including giveaway prizes, were purchased by me. All opinions are genuinely my own. *