I’m SUPER excited to be launching a new blog series called The Bag Buzz where I share photos of the bag I’m currently using (and obviously loving!), what I’m keeping in it, and how I organize its contents. I decided to file this under TheBusyBeeBuzz category as opposed to OrganizedLikeJen, because I’m thinking of it as just a fun peek at what’s in my bag on a more frequent basis than the annual or so What’s In My Bag video I tend to film. Let me know how you like this idea and if the general consensus is a thumb’s up I will post a new one of these when I switch up my bag again.
I purchased the Santa Rosalia Scout a few months ago during Kate Spade’s Friends & Family sale. I had been eying the bag for awhile and spent the duration of the sale considering the purchase before I finally decided that I must have the bag on the very last day that the 20% off discount was being offered. I tend to hem and haw over big purchases like this one, but it was definitely love at first sight. I couldn’t imagine liking the real deal any more than I anticipated from the online photos, but I really do! It’s the perfect summer cross-body style shoulder bag. I’ve been wearing it pretty much exclusively for well over a month now. I haven’t gotten the itch to switch to another bag in my collection yet, which I usually do after a month or so.
The bag itself is big enough to hold all of my essentials, but small enough that I don’t overdo it. When I wear bigger bags, I carry more stuff. After sustaining a lower back injury late this spring, I knew I needed to carry a lighter purse for awhile. I had originally purchased the Scout as a “once in awhile” type of bag for date nights and vacations. I’ve been wanting a brown cross-body style bag for this purpose for a long time now. I’m so happy I decided to go for it. Not only is it the perfect addition to my bag collection, it’s also been a great everyday purse option for me this summer so as to not carry too much. It came in super handy when my back was still healing, and although it is mercifully all better now, I am still loving my Scout.
The bag is made with a lovely floral embossed leather with matching trim on the exterior, caroleena spade dot lining on the inside, and finished with 14-karat light gold plated hardware. There are several organizational components built in. It has one main section, one smaller pouch style space, an interior zip pocket, and two small interior slip pockets. The flap secures with a magnetic closure. The front pouch pocket is the perfect size to store my phone, vlogging camera, and lip products for easy access. I use vertical organization throughout the bag to use the available space as effeciently as possible.
I can fit what I consider to be my handbag essentials in my Scout. This includes the basic items I like to have with me on any given day that I am out and about for a good chunk of time. I have numbered them in order of importance to me right now, as listed below:
1. The blue Prada wallet I got for my birthday last year.
2. My iPhone with a cute Lilly Pulitzer case.
3. Car Keys with a Swiss Army knife I actually bought in Switzerland eleven (eek!) years ago and a Henri Bendel keychain (the clip comes in very handy in other bags with key fobs). Also, my house keys on a special keychain that was a gift.
4. My shoulder bag size Walking Pharmacy in a Prada pouch.
5. Vlogging camera for on the go filming.
6. Lip products galore! The Maybelline Baby Lips lives in this bag full time and I add in whatever other lip stuff I’m wearing that day.
7. Poopy bags, essential for any dog owner.
8. A small Hello Kitty tin filled with dog treats for Winnie.
9. FCS Hand Sanitzer (my favorite kind!).
10. A small Coach card case that I keep nonessential store cards, rewards cards, and gift cards in.
11. A clear plastic zip top envelope (fromThe Container Store) where I stash my coupons.
12. My current obsession – Trader Joe’s Organic Ginger Mints.
I hope you enjoyed a peek into my bag. I enjoyed sharing with you from one purse lover to another! Let me know if you’re interested in seeing future updates whenever I change my bag.
*I am not affiliated with any of the brands mentioned in this post. All opinions are my own.*