I have a new love in my life this summer…
Yes, I am talking about a handbag! LOL 😀 I purchased this stunning mint blue beauty back in late January as a birthday present to myself and tucked it away for sunnier days. My Kate Spade Cobble Hill Little Curtis is the quintessential summer bag for me! Not only is it my preferred size and shape, but the color is spot on for the season. Kate Spade calls it “Grace Blue” and it is what drew me to the bag in the first place. The bag retails for $278 and comes in several other colors. The Grace Blue shade is currently on sale for $194!
I didn’t realize how awesome the design was until I started carrying it. It has an adjustable and detachable 20″ drop cross body strap which makes it easy to carry either on one shoulder or cross body. Additionally, there is a smaller 5″ drop handle that is long enough to comfortably carry on your arm or over a shoulder. I love that the shorter handle tucks nicely behind the bag when you’re wearing it long. Four ways to wear one bag is pretty sweet! I prefer to wear it with the long strap but certainly appreciate having the option to wear it shorter.
The Little Curtis is made from a beautiful pebbled leather that is super soft. While the bag is not rigid in nature, it does hold it’s shape well with a reinforced bottom to prevent sagging. The gorgeous light gold hardware accents the mint beautifully. The bag is medium in size, measuring 8.66″ high x 9.84″ wide x 5” deep and is lightweight. It has a smaller exterior zip pocket across the front , which is a handy place to stow my iPhone (with the super cute Hello Sunshine phone case by Rifle Paper Company on it right now) and vlogging camera (a Canon PowerShot S120) for easy access. The main compartment has a zip pocket on the back interior as well as two slip pockets along the front interior. The entire bag is lined in a lovely poly twill with a gold and cream striped print.
There is ample space in the main compartment to stash my everyday purse essentials. I am going to share the contents of my purse with you despite the fact that they are the same month after month. I don’t switch these items up very often. I may change my bags out fairly frequently, but I like to keep the contents more or less the same.
Here’s a look at them in case you’re still interested:
1. Orla Kiely Sweet Pea Beauty Organizer – My current Walking Pharmacy, this Target exclusive has great organizational elements built right in. Still available in a different print!
2. Vinyl Zip Pouch with Coupons – Exact one shown is no longer available but I also like this alternative from The Container Store.
3. Henri Bendel Mind Your Business Case – I keep my special store cards in this beauty.
4. Two Pocket Card Holder from ATime4Everything on Etsy – A great way to cut down on bulky card cases! I stow gift cards and business cards in mine.
5. Ginger Mints from Trader Joe’s
6. Mulberry Bow ID Purse – My current favorite wallet! Perfectly sized to carry in smaller bags.
7. Dum Dums – Don’t leave home without ’em! 😉
8. Nyx Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee and Dior Addict Lip Balm in #3 (similar product linked) – My current favorite lippies!
9. A small tin filled with treats for my pup, Winnie, and poopy bags.
10. Car keys with my favorite Henri Bendel Bow Stripe Key Fob and Swiss Army Knife (this has come in so handy over the years!) and my house keys on a keychain sent from a viewer in Malaysia. Thanks, again, I love it!
Check out my coordinating video you’d like a closer look at my Little Curtis:
I’m super excited to be giving away one of these beauties this month! The July Bag Buzz Giveaway will run until Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 6 PM CT. The giveaway is open internationally. All entrants under the age of 18 must have parental permission to enter. ONE winner will receive the brand new Kate Spade Cobble Hill Little Curtis bag pictured below:
You can enter by following the directions in the Rafflecopter widget posted below (check out this blog post for more information on entering Rafflecopter giveaways). I’ll announce the winners on THIS blog post and contact them directly through email, as always. Good luck!
*** GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED ***
Congrats to the winner of the July Bag Buzz Giveaway!
The Poll Results for *What brand of handbags most closely matches your style?* out of 2910 entries:
Kate Spade New York (1496) 48%
Coach (558) 18%
Fossil (280) 9%
Louis Vuitton (225) 7%
Something else (leave a comment!) (221) 7%
Mulberry (216) 7%
Prada (80) 3%
Gucci (28) 1%
Le Sport Sac (27) 1%
Sometimes Rafflecopter experiences technical difficulties. If you can’t enter for some reason, try again later and it will probably work.
I hope you enjoyed this look at my summer bag. I would love to know what bag you’re currently loving and carrying or just lusting after, if you care to share!
* Post contains affiliate links. This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are genuinely my own. *