I’ve been promising this Bag Buzz post for awhile now, since I’ve shown the bag in my last few Favorites posts. Without further ado, allow me to introduce…
Please be advised that some of the links provided are affiliate links and I do receive a small commission if you make a purchase using those links. I very much appreciate your support of this blog in doing so!
…the lovely Jetsetter Mini Convertible Backpack from Henri Bendel! I purchased this bag last December and have worn everyday since. I got into the backpack purse craze years ago when I used to wear a Longchamp backpack, but then I was more into tote style purses and more recently medium-sized crossbody bags. Backpack purses apparently came back into vogue in the last year (I’m just guessing here, I really don’t know for a fact, but I’ve been seeing them everywhere) and I was reintroduced to wearing the style with my beautiful Mulberry Mini Cara Delevigne bag last fall. Carrying a backpack purse has both its pros and cons, and the style is certainly an individual taste sort of thing. I personally really enjoy the total hands-free experience of a bag thats weight is equally distributed across my back and shoulders.
I lusted after the original (larger) Jetsetter backpack as soon as it came out (early last year or around then, if I’m not mistaken), but it was just too big for my needs and didn’t suit my frame well. I told myself that I would spring for it only if they came out with a smaller version. I can’t tell you how excited I was when they finally did late last year! It’s the absolute perfect size for me at 10.5″ high x 11″ wide x 5″ deep. I wear mine solely as a backpack, although the straps are convertible so you can wear it on your shoulder or crossbody style. The handles have a 5″ drop and each backpack strap is adjustable to up to 30″. I keep mine on at the shortest length possible, because it’s the most comfortable on my back that way.
All of the bags from the Jetsetter collection from Henri Bendel feature a durable, water resistant nylon fabric with saffiano leather trim. The mini backpack has a ziptop closure with snaps to hold together the handles. Unlike my Mulberry Cara Delevigne bag the Jetsetter’s straps are more stiff and stay upright without needing the closure, which I like. There is a small slip pocket on both the front and back exterior. My iPhone fits perfectly inside the back exterior pocket (it’s an iPone 5S with a Rifle Paper Co Clear Rosa Case). The black backpack features gold-toned hardware, including a decorative padlock.
The interior of the backpack is quite roomy and flexible thanks to the vibrant royal purple satin lining. I can comfortably fit all of my usual everyday purse things in the bag, including my vlogging camera (a Sony RX1003) and case (not pictured). I like that all of my things easily fit inside this bag without a lot of extra room for them to flop around. Like I said, it’s the perfect size to me. The bag includes a zip pocket on the back interior and a phone sized slip pocket on the front interior. While there is no included key fob, I use the cross body d-rings, which are tucked just under the zipper on the interior of the bag when not in use, to hang my keys.
As usual, I will share the contents of my purse with you despite the fact that they are the same month after month. I don’t switch these items up very often. I may change my bags out with some frequency, but I like to keep the contents more or less the same.
1. Orla Kiely Graphite Small Cosmetic Cube – My current Walking Pharmacy, this Target exclusive has great organizational elements built right in. Still available in a different print! Interestingly, it seems they are discontinuing this line at Target, although I just noticed Ulta started carrying Orla Kiely makeup bags. They don’t have this exact style listed on their website right now, but maybe they will in the future.
2. Vinyl Zip Pouch with Coupons – Exact one shown is no longer available but I also like this alternative from The Container Store.
3. Green Hearts Smart Shopper – Having a fold-up reusable tote in my bag comes in handy in a pinch.
4. Lunchskins Snack Bag – I like keeping a snack on hand & this little reusable (and washable!) pouch is perfectly sized to hold my favorite trail mix or other small snacks.
5. Two Pocket Card Holder from ATime4Everything on Etsy – A great way to cut down on bulky card cases! I stow gift cards and store cards in mine. My pocket card holder is pretty stuffed so I keep it together with a Mane Message hair tie (also great to have on hand).
6. Henri Bendel Mind Your Business Case – I keep my business cards in this beauty.
7. A small tin filled with treats for my pup, Winnie, and poopy bags.
8. Mulberry Bow ID Purse (no longer available) – My favorite wallet! Perfectly sized to carry in smaller bags.
9. Car keys with my favorite Henri Bendel Bow Stripe Key Fob and Swiss Army Knife (this has come in so handy over the years!) & my house keys on a keychain sent from a viewer in Malaysia.
10. TicTacs & Bach Rescue Remedy Pastilles – One for fresh breath & the other is meant to soothe.
The Jetsetter Mini Backpack served me well this winter and I have so enjoyed carrying it for the past three months. I’ve actually just switched out to Beauty, my Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandoulière 25, for spring (and yes, this bag is so gorgeous she deserved a name 😉 ). I’ll miss using my Jetsetter until next time!
I would love to know what bag you’re currently loving and carrying or just lusting after, if you care to share. Handbag lovers unite!
* This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are genuinely my own. *