I was just changing my bag to my new Michael Kors Selma Medium Satchel that my DH (I just found out this stands for Darling Husband! I know, I live under a rock…) very sweetly gave me for Christmas when I realized I never put up my Bag Buzz for the green beauty I was carrying for all of December! Sadly, it’s too late to get your hands on this one as it was a fall 2013 seasonal item available only for a limited time at Henri Bendel, but I figured some of you might be interested in a peek at it all the same. Here is The Scarlett Saddle Bag:
I actually pinned this beauty last September under my Bag Lust category. My husband is not only cute but very smart and knows how to stalk my Pinterest page for gift ideas, which is how I came to acquire the dark green Scarlett (as well as the previously mentioned MK bag, which you will see in my next Bag Buzz). I have been pretty obsessed with this shade of emerald green for the past six months or so and knew as soon as I opened the gift box that this would be the perfect December bag. The color just screams holiday to me! The Saffiano leather is both beautiful and resilient. Our early December weekend trip to a very rainy NYC put the bag’s durability to the test and she passed with flying colors!
The Scarlett is definitely the smallest day bag I’ve carried in recent memory. Come to think of it, it might just be the smallest bag I’ve used as an everyday purse since I graduated from college (10 years ago now! Wow, time flies…). I’ve been leaning towards carrying smaller bags lately. I’m not one to follow trends usually (please make note of the aforementioned rock I live under), but I’m pretty sure this has become the mode du jour in the handbag world recently. At least I’ve been noticing a lot of smaller-sized pretties on the market lately! I was skeptical I could actually fit all of my day-to-day purse essentials in The Scarlett, but was pleasantly surprised that I was able to manage by paring down the lot and switching into a new Walking Pharmacy case (more on this in a bit).
Here’s what I stow in my Scarlett Saddle Bag:
1. Orla Kiely Sweet Pea Beauty Organizer – My new Walking Pharmacy, this Target exclusive has great organizational elements built right in.
2. Vinyl Zip Pouch with Coupons – Exact one shown is no longer available but I also like this alternative from The Container Store.
3. House keys on a keychain sent from a viewer in Malaysia. Thanks, again, I love it!
4. Two Pocket Card Holder from ATime4Everything on Etsy – A great way to cut down on bulky card cases! I stow gift cards & business cards in mine.
5. Henri Bendel Mind Your Business Case – I now keep my special store cards in this beauty.
6. Mulberry Bow ID Purse – My new wallet! Perfectly sized to carry in smaller bags.
7. Small tin filled with treats for my pup, Winnie.
8. Car keys with my favorite Henri Bendel Bow Stripe Key Fob and Swiss Army Knife (this has come in so handy over the years!)
I can still comfortably fit my vlogging camera (a Canon Powershot Elph 330 HS) and iPhone inside as well as a small snack bar or bag of nuts, but that’s just about it. I’m realizing I don’t need to tote around huge amounts of stuff for everyday outings and errands and am enjoying carrying smaller bags like this one. I think I prefer a slightly bigger bag in general, because it’s nice to have room to toss in a small water bottle or other items when necessary, however, I do love my Scarlett Saddle. She served me well during my holiday shopping outings last month. It was nice to have a lighter bag especially when weighed down with bags filled with gifts!
Even though this exact bag is no longer available, Target actually has a couple of less expensive alternatives in similar shapes and sizes. I’m loving navy for winter! You can see them below:
I hope you enjoyed a peek inside my bag! I’d love to know what you’re carrying right now if you care to share. Bag lovers unite! As for my new Walking Pharmacy, I will probably put up a video and blog post update on this in the next month or so. Also, I hope to post these Bag Buzz updates around the same time as my monthly favorites mini series on TBBB from now on. Stay tuned 🙂
* Post contains affiliate links. This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are genuinely my own. *