I pulled out my Coach Willis crossbody bag to enjoy for March (and am still wearing into early April now). This has become my official “March Bag” seeing as it’s the third March I’ve worn it!
I remember pinning this bag in early 2012, remarking how I really wanted to try out a crossbody style purse for a change. Just look at me now with my lovely collection of crossbody’s! This bag is where it all started. I fell in love with the soft yet highly polished dove grey leather and fun blue and orange accent pops. It’s kind of a funny shape with the dowel-like top and slouchy pouch style body. When I look at this bag it screams March to me, which is a transitional month from winter to spring. This is a transitional bag both in terms of its style and functionality.
The bag wears beautifully. Sometimes I find crossbody bags are either too long or too short even with adjustable straps. This one is just right. I was still in my North Face puffy jacket for most of the month and have found that I prefer crossbody styles in the winter months for the most comfortable and secure fit. Shoulder bags slip right off my puffy coat! I love how the Willis has both the long strap (which is adjustable) as well as the short handle, making it super versatile and easy to grab in a pinch.
It offers pretty standard built-in organizational features for the size of the bag, which is medium at best. As a blogger and vlogger I always appreciate a slip pocket on the exterior backside of the bag. This one fits both my phone and vlogging camera comfortably. The inside is lined in a gorgeous satiny fabric, which I believe is Coach’s legacy pattern (correct me if I’m wrong on this, though, I’m really just guessing!). It offers a small slip pocket on the inside front as well as a more roomy zip pocket on the back interior, where I keep my house keys and poopie bags (don’t leave home without them!). I can comfortably fit my current day-to-day on-the-go essentials in this bag. And yes, these are the same contents I’ve shown Bag Buzz after Bag Buzz, because I do not tend to switch these up as often, but here they are again, nonetheless:
1. Orla Kiely Sweet Pea Beauty Organizer – My current Walking Pharmacy, this Target exclusive has great organizational elements built right in. Available in a new print!
2. Vinyl Zip Pouch with Coupons – Exact one shown is no longer available but I also like this alternative from The Container Store.
3. Poopy bag and my house keys on a keychain sent from a viewer in Malaysia. Thanks, again, I love it!
4. A small tin filled with treats for my pup, Winnie.
5. iPhone with Case Mate Barely There Fully Customizable Case – Don’t leave home without my phone! Love this fully customizable case option from Zazzle. You can have any image printed on it that you like!
6. Car keys with my favorite Henri Bendel Bow Stripe Key Fob and Swiss Army Knife (this has come in so handy over the years!).
7. Two Pocket Card Holder from ATime4Everything on Etsy – A great way to cut down on bulky card cases! I stow gift cards & business cards in mine.
8. Henri Bendel Mind Your Business Case – I keep my special store cards in this beauty.
9. Mulberry Bow ID Purse – My current favorite wallet! Perfectly sized to carry in smaller bags.
Coach has changed the design of the Willis since I purchased mine in 2012. It’s more square in shape now and seems a bit structured to me. The bag still offers both a crossbody strap and a handle with a turn-lock front closure and a back exterior slip pocket. The interior is an unfinished type of leather now instead of the lining. It also appears to be just slightly bigger than the old design, but still offers the same basic features. The new style is offered in basic handbag neutrals of black, brown, and tan. I hope they come back with some fun color combinations again!
Check out my coordinating video you’d like a closer look at my Coach Willis:
I hope you enjoyed this look at my early spring handbag of choice. I would love to know what bag you’re currently loving and carrying or just lusting after, if you care to share!
* Post contains affiliate links. This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are genuinely my own. *