I started a new Pinterest board called Bag Lust where I share my current bag obsessions. I pinned the Coach Mini Tanner not too long ago after visiting it back in early September in the Coach store. I ultimately decided not to purchase the bag, because, let’s face it, I need another bag like I need a hole in the head. That hasn’t stopped me in the past but I decided to show restraint this time and let it go. When my husband Don and I were in Utah in early October we spent a couple of hours one evening wandering around City Creek Center, which is a beautiful dog-friendly mall in Salt Lake City. We stopped by the Coach store there (which I later found out is the only one in all of Utah which surprised me because there are so many near our home base of Chicago). I was admiring the bag once again when Don declared he wanted to buy me a present. I walked out of that store with this beauty in hand and the biggest grin you’ve ever seen on my face. I am one lucky duck and I know it!
The Coach Mini Tanner in Deep Port is the perfect fall accessory for me. It’s made from a beautiful, sturdy yet soft to the touch leather. The bag actually comes with a detachable shoulder strap, but I much prefer to carry it by hand and leave the strap tucked away in my closet. When I first brought the bag home I was surprised to discover that there was no dust bag included, which I thought came standard with all Coach bag purchases. I actually ended up exchanging the bag we bought in Utah for the same model and color at a store back home in Illinois due to a small scuff (I am super picky about my handbags, which I don’t think is necessarily a bad thing when buying more expensive items like this). I asked for a dust bag when I made my exchange, which the nice gentleman helping me kindly gave me even though Coach apparently does not technically include dust bags with the Mini Tanners since they’re considered “accessories.” I thought that was interesting since this is as much of a purse as any other bag Coach has in store right now to me!
The Mini Tanner is a smaller version of the larger tote size Coach has offered in the past. While it isn’t a big bag by any means, I still find I am able to fit all of my standard handbag necessities inside comfortably. I do have to squeeze in my large Louis Vuitton Insolite wallet a a bit to make it fit, but other than that I have all of the usual suspects in there. The bag includes a top zipper (which I actually usually don’t close often for easy access), an interior zip pocket where I keep extra poopy bags and my house keys (not shown), and a small interior slip pocket where I stash my current lip products and cough drops. I hang my car keys off of one of the attachment rings for the shoulder strap. When I’m carrying around my phone and/or camera, I usually just place those on top of my Walking Pharmacy pouch since there is plenty of room to spare there.
Here’s a breakdown of everything I keep in my Coach Mini Tanner:
1. Small Walking Pharmacy pouch from Prada filled with all of my in-a-pinch items.
2. Henri Bendel Mind Your Business Card Case.
3. Shiseido Pureness Oil-Control Blotting Papers.
4. Ginger Mints from Trader Joe’s.
5. Coach Card case filled with gift cards, reward program cards, and store credit cards.
6. Vinyl Zip Pouch with coupons.
7. Current Lip Products Favorites, including L’Oreal Colour Riche Balm, Buxom Full-On Lip Polish, and Maybelline Baby Lips.
8. Fortune Cookie Soap OCD Hand Sanitizer (the best in my opinion!).
9. Ricola Cough Drops (a necessity this past month).
10. Small tin filled with treats for my pup, Winnie.
11. The ever important just-in-case-I-need-it caramel. 😉
12. Car keys (complete with my favorite Henri Bendel Bow Stripe Key Fob and Swiss Army knife I bought in Switzerland 12 years ago)
13. Louis Vuitton Insolite Wallet (complete with my Mesa Dreams custom wrist strap!).
I couldn’t be happier with my new Mini Tanner and am enjoying my cute fall bag immensely! I hope you enjoyed a peek at my current bag obsession. I’ll probably continue to carry this bag for the remainder of November before switching out to another (very green!) gift from my sweet hubby for December!
* I am not affiliated with any of the brands mentioned in this post. Some of the links provided are commission links. All opinions are my own. *