Now that I’m firmly inside of the second trimester and feeling more confident about my pregnancy, I’ve started to acquire a few baby things here and there. I didn’t plan on picking up a lot of specific baby gear just yet, especially when I haven’t had a chance to do proper research and comparison shopping. When I saw the amazing deals available on well reviewed, high quality baby products through the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, I knew I couldn’t pass it up. Plus, Nordstrom has a great return policy so I can easily take these things back down the road in the event that I change my mind. Here’s a look at what I picked up for me and for baby.
All image sources that are not originally my own photos are from the links provided below. Please be advised that some of the links provided are affiliate links and I do receive a small commission if you make a purchase using those links. This does not cost you any extra when you make a purchase. I very much appreciate your support of this blog in doing so!
I picked up a couple of tops that I thought would make good second trimester (and perhaps beyond) options for me. I haven’t been a big fan of form fitting clothing in the past few years and it seems like most maternity tops are meant to fit snugly around the belly. It’s nice to find some more flowy options (FYI – these are not maternity specific pieces).
I’ve already worn the Soprano Henley Tees (
$24 $15.90) on my recent trip to New York. They are the most comfortable travel tops ever paired with leggings. I bought the grey and oatmeal colors and am now eyeing a couple of other shades as well. They run pretty big. I bought them in size large to have room for my growing bump, but also so I could machine wash and dry them without worrying too much about shrinking (the care label advises drying flat). I washed them for the first time this week and they lost a tiny bit of length but are otherwise still extremely roomy, very long, and extremely soft and cozy!
The Pleione Mixed Media V-Neck Tunic (
$58 $37.90) is very much in line with my recent style preferences. I wanted a couple of these for the fall specifically as easy to throw on options with jeans or leggings. They run a bit narrower than I’d like and I’m still on the fence as to whether I’m keeping both, but I really love the fit in the neck and arms as well as the beautiful blue mazzarine color.
1. Little Giraffe Luxe Dot Hooded Towel – I’ve read nothing but gushing reviews about these super plush hooded towels. The cozy minky exterior and little bear ears are the icing on the cake!
2. Little Giraffe Luxe Baby Blanket – These blankets are just about the softest, most coziest things I’ve ever felt! I picked up one in the beautiful lotus pink and another in grey.
3. Baby Bling Headbands – I’ve read that these soft and stretchy headbands are designed to stay put without irritation. I was able to purchase a pack of three of these in white, baby pink, and hot pink, which is now sadly sold out, but the individual bows are on sale for a great price as well.
$10 $7.90 or 3 for $20
4. ZoLi ‘BUZZ B. Nail Trimmer, Replacement Pads & Storage Case – I know absolutely nothing about trimming a baby’s nails, but this highly rated baby-friendly nail trimmer supposedly makes the job easier, so I thought I’d give it a whirl (pun intended 😉 ). SOLD OUT
5. Aden & Anais Print Swaddling Cloths (3 Pack) – These swaddling cloths have been one of my go-to baby gifts (to give) over the years because they are so widely used and loved. I couldn’t pass up picking up a pack with these great savings!
6. ERGObaby 360 Baby Carrier – I haven’t spent time researching baby carriers yet, but I do know that Ergo gets high marks, especially for their newest edition, the 360. I was happy I snapped up the black version on sale at a great price before it sold out! SOLD OUT (black available for full price here)
7. Jellycat Charmed Sophia Unicorn Stuffed Animal – When I saw this little plush unicorn, I was immediately smitten. It’s very possibly this little guy might become the inspiration for the nursery! SOLD OUT (available for full price here)
There are so many high quality well known brand name baby gear items on sale as well. I spent a lot of time looking at the Nuna Sena Travel Crib (
$199.95 $149.90), the Baby Jogger City Mini Stroller ($249.99 $184.90), and the Nuna Leaf Baby Seat & Toy Bar ( $259.90 $194.90). All three get outstanding user reviews and I seriously considered each of them, especially given the savings. Ultimately, I’m not ready to make these kinds of purchases without doing the proper research and comparison shopping first. They are pretty sweet deals, though!
I picked up a couple of the Aden & Anais Print Swaddling Cloths 3 Packs as a gift for two of you! The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Giveaway will run until Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 6 PM CT. The giveaway is open internationally. All entrants under the age of 18 must have parental permission to enter. TWO winners will receive one of the Aden & Anais Print Swaddling Cloths 3 Packs pictured below (you can choose which color scheme you’d prefer in the event that you win when entering):
You can enter by following the directions in the Rafflecopter widget posted below (check out this blog post for more information on entering Rafflecopter giveaways). I’ll announce the winners on THIS blog post and contact them directly through email, as always. Good luck!
Sometimes Rafflecopter experiences technical difficulties. If you can’t enter for some reason, try again later and it will probably work.
Big shout out to Mint Arrow which I got much of the inspiration for this haul from. I highly recommend checking out her blog if you like to know the scoop about great deals and sales! I would love to know what you picked up if you shopped the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, too.
* Post contains affiliate links. This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are genuinely my own. *