I am the type of person who feels more comfortable out and about in the world with some small just-in-case items. These include your typical beauty girl must haves such as a hair brush, lip balm, and a mirror, as well as things for general hygiene, such as tissues, hand sanitizer, and a dental pick, among others. I call this collection my Walking Pharmacy, because it includes the kinds of things I would run into a drugstore for if I were in need of them on the go.
Rather than have all of these small items rolling around in the bottom of my purse, I prefer to keep them all together in a zip case for easy access in my everyday purse. I love all types of containers, but none more so than cosmetic cases. When I first came across the Orla Kiely for Target Cosmetic Bag line a few months ago, I was immediately drawn to the Beauty Organizer as a Walking Pharmacy option. It is the perfect size to fit in my most worn handbags (8.5 ” H x 3.25 ” W x 12.5 ” D) and is constructed from a durable coated canvas that holds up well to daily use.
The Beauty Organizer is very aptly named, because it does such a great job of helping you organize its contents with built-in features. The bag has two zippers and opens up flat for great accessibility. One side of the interior has a shallow mesh zip pocket, which allows you to see the contents stowed within, while the other side has three slip pockets in different sizes to help corral frequently accessed items. My favorite feature of the case is the floating middle portion, which is a small mesh zip pouch attached just at the base. I keep my most used items in this portion for easy and quick access.
Here is what I am currently carrying in my Walking Pharmacy:
Slip Pocket Side:
1. Kleenex Pocket Pack Facial Tissue – Compact size perfect for purses
2. Boscia Blotting Linens – Great for dealing with oily skin on the go (they still have the peppermint ones in stock!)
3. OCD Hand Sanitizer – My favorite hand sanitizer from Fortune Cookie Soap
4. Dior Huile Abricot Daily Nutritive Serum – The best cuticle oil I have ever used
5. L’Occitane Honey Hand Cream – My current favorite with a lovely mild scent
Mesh Zip Pocket Side:
6. Crystal Essence Mineral Deodorant Towelettes – Convenient, small, and effective in a pinch
7. Naturally It’s Clean Stain Eraser – Another convenient, small, and effective in a pinch choice
8. Band-Aid Advanced Healing Blister Cushions – Heel-savor!
9. Truvia – My sweetener of choice on the go
10. Toddy Gear Pocket Toddy – Best screen and glasses microfiber cloth out there
11. Dentek Easy Brush Interdental Cleaners – My newest discovery for cleaning between teeth on the go
12. Goody Small Spider Claw Clips – Hair clips are a must have!
13. Eyebrow Brush & Comb – Helps put my bushy brows back in place when they get unruly
14. Pen – Always great to have on hand!
15. Miracle Skin Transformer Treat & Conceal – A little concealer can go a long way
Floating Middle Section:
16. MAC Slim Mirror – My favorite for my purse because it’s so small and light
17. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 Sugar Rose – Perfect bit of color and great moisturizing lip product
18. Fresh Sugar Shine Lip Treatment – Great for a bit of sparkle and shine
19. Sephora Pop-Up Travel Brush – A compact travel brush with a mirror
If you’d like a closer look at the contents of my Walking Pharmacy, check out the video below:
I would love to know what you keep in your on-the-go/just-in-case/Walking Pharmacy.
Leave a comment if you care to share!
* Post contains affiliate links. This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are genuinely my own. *